"Kids' Entertainment in Libraries & Community Halls"
In 2008, John Breeds released his first book on entertaining children with magic and fun: How to Create Kids' Magic and Triple Your Income
. Behind that intriguing title lay a blueprint for commercial success in this field. Immediately upon its release, it was widely hailed as a game-changer, an important contribution to the literature on entertaining children, and it quickly sold out and went on to become judged a modern classic.
Now, 11 years later, John Breeds has observed how much things have changed in a decade; and he realized he had a lot more to say about the nuts and bolts of entertaining children with magic, fun and games. So, John has completely revisited and updated his book and added a wealth of new material and advice. He has chosen to release it in the form of six separate booklets, allowing the kids' performer to select which aspects of the craft to focus on, each at an affordable price. Taken together as a set, they comprise a textbook on the various aspects that can help turn someone into a successful professional children's entertainer in the 21st century.
Dotted throughout the text are tips and revelations earned from a lifetime of experience on the front-line entertaining children for a living: delighting real audiences and dealing with the pitfalls we all encounter on a daily basis. John Breeds clearly knows his stuff, and he's packed this book full of generous pieces of advice and workable material.
Gain an insight into one of the UK's great minds in the kids' magic business; working performers who know a good thing when they see it will snap this series of booklets up. Between them, these titles offer you vital inside information on everything you need to build a business as a professional entertainer of children through magic, fun and games: whether you are starting out on the road to kids' entertainment or are a busy pro who recognizes that developing your act and performance should be a continuous process.
Revered children's entertainer Silly Billy/David Kaye/Christopher Barnes/Terry Herbert had this to say about John's publications: "This is the greatest human achievement since man set foot on the moon [use best quote from first two forewords]."
Titles in This Series:
1) Selling You!
- Invaluable sales tips how to get work and 'sell' yourself.
2) Open Persuaders
- Marketing techniques to get more work and earn more in fees.
3) Love Your Audience
- How to build a successful working persona and build and structure a professional comedy magic show for kids, including advice on staging, opening and closing your show.
4) Funny Tricks With Clever Bits
- John's professional effects, routines, apparatus, and funny bits of business.
5) Never Out Action Games
- The inside secret on adding a new product to your offering: games that will engage and amuse kids of all ages without any of the tedious elimination that kills a kids' party atmosphere stone-dead. With this offering, you can double your fees and work less gigs in a day - a win-win!
6) Even More Funny Tricks With Clever Bits
- More of John's professional routines, props, and funny bits of business.
First Release: Love Your Audience
In the first release of these eagerly awaited sequels, John shifts focus to perhaps the most important aspect of a successful performance: building a great relationship with your audience.
For professional children's entertainers, this is an absolute goldmine. Love Your Audience
covers such a wide range of pro insights, including:
The real secret of how to make kids laugh: Warming up an audience
The balance of bits of business and strong magic: Staging your show
Developing strong routines: A versatile magic box for all seasons
Building a stunning backdrop: PA and sound, and closing the show
The real secret of success (including the infamous Red Tongue Trick!)
...and so much more!